The Another Slap



It was a fateful day of day of September, because I lost my shoes this afternoon in the college. So, at evening I went to beach to ease myself. Climbed upon the regular cliff of mine and sat there facing the sea (of course, that's what everybody does). Being small space, there were only countable people were there around me. But, a little far there was a considerable crowd due to vast space. I was thinking only about my shoes, and wasn't bothered about the business going around me. Suddenly, somebody slapped on my face. I came into my senses, with shock. I turned aside to scold; only I could see a boy almost of my age jumping off my cliff and running towards the crowd. I was awestruck by seeing his huge jump & speed. Simultaneously, I was furious for slapping me without uttering the reason. I returned to home with spoiled mood.

Next day, I was there at regular time, on my regular cliff. This time I was watching the horizon. It was beautiful. I got lost in it, forgot everything. All of sudden, there was a slap on my face. I saw the boy taking leap from the cliff and merging with the crowd. I watched whole event speechlessly. Repetition of same incident. Both the time I could not see his face. Returned home as a spoilsport. Third and fourth day was just repetition of same incident. But I don't know why I still went to the beach after these events.

This time I decided to catch him at any cost. With full determination I went back to the cliff. I sat there watching, as if I had eyes all over my body. But I got engulfed by the scenery. The sun was taking bath in the orange tub. The boy came; he slapped me, took the leap and sped his legs. Next day, I took my mother to the beach after narrating the whole plot. We sat on cliff. Time was rolling, the sun finished his bath and the blanket of darkness began to cover us. But, today there was no sign of the slapping boy. My mother chided me for my blunder and wasting her time.

Seventh day, I came alone. As usual, got sucked into the sunset backdrop and got my slap. Still I have no idea who is he and how the hell does he look like. Hopelessness at its peak. This process went on for weeks, months. At one point of time I decided about stopping my daily visit to the beach. But it was decision of a coward. So I kept on visiting the beach. Instead of escape I chose the way of fight. For that I had to gain concentration power. I learnt meditation, yoga, vipassana etc. On parallel, the slapping incidents had no stop.

 A day came; it was august 15th, Independence Day for my country. The boy has been slapping me for almost a year. He came on the previous day, the day before previous day and so on. But that day was special. Some kind of strange chill or electricity was passing throughout my torso. As usual I eased myself on the cliff. The sun wasn't bathing; he was getting murdered with red blood all over the horizon. This time neither did I lose myself nor was I cautious about my circumference. Just sat there, that's all. He came, he slapped me. But this time I too took the leap, the giant leap behind him. Within no time I was on him, above sand, he was facing the ground. I kicked, punched and did all the hell. Soon I discovered that the shoes he wore were mine. Those shoes which I lost on that fateful day. With ferocious curiosity (or curious ferocity) I turned him around, so that I can see his face. I saw, oh god, it was him. No, no, it was me, yeah, He was me.

From next day onwards, nobody slapped me, except my father & my girlfriend(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment