Theories II: Catching Fever, Poaching Fear



A fever is an expression of inner rage.
                                       —Julia Roberts


Every year, around this time, usually I used to get cold & fever. But, this time not. This is the thing which worried me. Because, for me, everything should happen when it have to happen. Three years ago, around this time, I did not catch fever. So, succeeding months turned into hell for me, due to attack of Aedes fly followed by female Anopheles mosquito. I have no idea about the forthcoming things. So I went to my brother and explained the whole situation. Soon, my brother took me to a restaurant and ordered a GudBud for me.


He said, "Your fear is reasonable and healthy one. This can be categorized as useful fear. Catching fever at intervals is actually indication of good health. It actually switches ON the immune system. It gives a 'kick', or it is a 'kick' itself. Three years ago you failed to catch fever, so immune system couldn't get up from sleep completely. That's why you were infected by dengue and malaria. Immunity was not ready to face strong foreign attack, it lost. But, whenever you succeeded in getting fever remaining years, the immunity got a very good wakeup call and got ready for attack of death eaters."

I finished GudBud, and mockingly said, "Why are you not connecting this to Quantum or philosophy? Don't you have good arguments?"

He smiled and ordered a Falooda for me. Next, he said, "Everything has connections. That's why ecosystem is functional & structural unit of the biosphere, which survives due to photosynthesis. Photo implies light, which can be understood using Quantum. We are still in Newtonian age of in terms of health and healthcare. We have to take a Quantum leap, a leap which physics took few decades back. A leap in medicine which exploits principles of Quantum, through which concepts of human body can be understood well."

I finished the Falooda too. "Boring….. You are deviating, connection to fever is lost."

"Why so urgent?" he said and bought me a Parfait. He added, "You know that atom is mostly empty, nearly 99.9999999999996% empty; don't ask me to define 'empty'. That means we are nothing. I'm empty, you're empty. But pathogens can't take those spaces. They can invade the space between the spaces. What immunity does is, either it kills the pathogen before reaching those destinations or it will race with them to occupy those spaces. If immune system is inert or lazy or sleepy, then it can't fight very well or it can't sprint efficiently, which gives the attackers an upper hand. So, fever is just tumbler of water spilling on sleeping guy, or vaccination, or just like warm up exercise, or net practice. In any way you can call it."

Simultaneously, I finished Parfait. I said, "That means all fevers are good. Okay. But where is your desolated Quantum?"

He bit his tongue, "Yeah, I almost forgot." then he told the waiter to bring one Chocolate Dad for me. He continued, "Not all fevers are good. Every major disease is accompanied by fever. Only countable illnesses are there which infects without fever. So, sometimes fever may be indication of big battle within. Uncertainty, right? Fever in our body can be sensed, but fever in large body is difficult to feel. Global warming is good example, it's a fever which is bad and can't be felt so easily. Now make connection to Quantum by yourself."

"You have the point." I said finishing the Chocolate Dad. Then he made me to consume mango & vanilla ice cream followed by couple of juices. Due to sudden late flash I asked him, "wait a minute, you said at first that I failed to catch fever. What the hell does that mean...? And you are making me to consume so many ice creams, whereas you had just a glass of juice. I don't have a clue about anything."

He laughed and quoted, "You will have the answer tomorrow morning."

Next morning, I couldn't get up from bed. Nose was running. My brother was sitting near my bed holding a thermometer 102°F.

“If envy were a fever, all the world would be ill”
                                 A Danish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment